Vision and Mission
The vision of FL-ALAS is to provide a venue for educational professionals to discuss the needs of our diverse community in order to better serve the Latino students in the state of Florida.
The mission of FL-ALAS is to provide leadership that assures every school across the State of Florida effectively serves the educational needs of all students, with a particular emphasis on Latino youth by building capacity, promoting best practices and transforming educational institutions.
Our goals are focused among the following five areas of immediate needs:
- advocating for sound educational policies,
- advancing equity and equal access to education,
- building pathways for leadership,
- fostering community outreach and parental involvement, and
- developing networking and collaboration among educators.