Vision and Mission
The vision of FL-ALAS is to provide a venue for educational professionals to discuss the needs of our diverse community in order to better serve the Latino students in the state of Florida.
The mission of FL-ALAS is to provide leadership that assures every school across the State of Florida effectively serves the educational needs of all students, with a particular emphasis on Latino youth by building capacity, promoting best practices and transforming educational institutions.
Our goals are focused among the following five areas of immediate needs:
- advocating for sound educational policies,
- advancing equity and equal access to education,
- building pathways for leadership,
- fostering community outreach and parental involvement, and
- developing networking and collaboration among educators.
Our credo–“It’s Our Time!”–is a call to action for our Latino and Latino-serving educators to promote quality educational leadership and equity in our schools.
Our guiding principle, We LEAD, represents our organizational tenets, to Launch, Empower, Advocate, and Deliver educational excellence!
Executive Board of Directors
Follow Us on Twitter